This recipe is my go-to in the winter. Each batch feeds me 2-3 times. You’ll get fiber, vitamin c, potassium, and calcium from the squash.
Nutritional yeast is nutritional indeed. It has folic acid, B-12, and protein.
Olive oil, in my opinion is an overlooked super food. Read my post on the subject here.
This is a great recipe for a solo diner, or for a family with all types of eaters. It’s a hit for the masses!
The flavor profiles go amazingly with my Hazelnut Honey-Vinegar Salad as a side item.
TIP* I usually leave out the “vegan” part when feeding it to traditional meat eaters. Tell them after they’ve fallen in love 😀
- Spaghetti Squash
- Idyll Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Idyll Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Red Pepper
- Raw Walnuts (or nut of your choice)
- High power blender
- Large Bowl
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice spaghetti squash long ways
- Bake for 55 mins
- While in the oven make Pesto
- In your high power blender…
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 heaping tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper
- Blend above ingredients together
- Add 1/2 cup raw nuts at the very end and pulse to keep them chunky
- Remove spaghetti squash from oven
- Let cool for 10 mins
- Use a fork to scoop out the inside seeds and discard
- Take your fork and scrape the squash off the sides and into your large bowl. It will naturally come off in spaghetti shapes
- Mix with pesto recipe
- Plate it, enjoy it, and be happy!
Stay in the know and sign up for emails for more recipes, wellness, and lifestyle hacks from me! Share this recipe using the links below for someone who you know you love! <3